Happy Friday, friends!
No regular post today, but I do have a few updates and announcements to wind down this first week of our new year!
1. First and foremost, the winners of my Life List Club Milestone Giveaways are Melissa Sugar-Gold and Terri Sonada. They will each receive their choice of the opportunity to be interviewed or do a guest post here at Hawleyville, OR to receive a guest post from me for their blogs on the topic of their choosing. I’ll be in touch with each of you to work out the details!
I’d also like to say thanks to everyone who subscribes, follows, and just drops in now and then! I know we’re all super-busy and there’s a ton of places to hang out on the web, so the fact that you make this one of your stops means a lot to me.
2. Please join me in celebrating the upcoming publication of The Spirit of Poe Anthology. The anthology will be published on January 19, 2012, which just happens to be Poe’s birthday. This collection of “the best in psychological, visceral and supernatural” horror, both fiction and poetry, includes my short story “Peanut Butter and Jelly.” To get more information or to order your copy (proceeds go to the Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum here in Baltimore), please visit Literary Landmark Press.
3. There are a few things a writer with a day job – especially one who has yet to publish a book-length work – should not do. One of those things is probably trying to have two books-in-progress at once.
I’m roughly a third of the way through “The Naked Man-Whore Chronicles,” having hammered away at it this summer and fall in between completing several short stories. My goal has been to have a finished first draft by July 2012. But about a month ago, I woke up with an idea that just wouldn’t shut up and go away.
Normally, I’d make some notes about this new project and set it aside until the first draft of Man-Whore was complete. The problem is, there’s a timliness to the new idea that just won’t let it rest. So I find myself faced with having two projects going at once.
If you’d to know more about the new project, “No Tomorrow,” please visit my book-length fiction page.
4. Finally, please welcome the newest member of the Life List Club, Lara Schiffbauer! Generally, the Life List Club brings on one new writer per month to join our guest blogging round robins. If any of you think you may be interested in participating, please let me know and I’ll put you in touch with our coordinators!
5. Now, for the not-so-fun part. My dear grandfather passed away earlier this week. We are having funeral services in West Virginia next week. In order to spend time with my family and do what we need to do while still keeping up with my normal dosages of day job crazy, I have chosen to take a blog hiatus next week. This means I won’t be one of the bloggers posting in the first Life List Club Blog Hop of 2012 on Friday, January 13th. But I’ll definitely be reading everyone’s posts to see how my fellow LLCers are progressing in the New Year, and I hope you will too! Just come on by and check out my LLC blog roll.
I will be back in full posting swing on Tuesday, January 17th. Until then, happy writing and reading!